The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:01 pm 

Hello all,

As a frequent attendee of the sci-fi marathon going back to 1989, I wanted to share some news about a new independent horror film coming to Columbus this weekend that I had the privilege of being involved with the production of.

The film is titled ENCOUNTER and is a horror movie with a small cast including both veteran and new acting talent, sharp dialogue, and a style influenced by the Paranormal Activity films, with a cool sci-fi twist at the end. It was written, produced, and directed by Dr Susannah O'Brien who grew up in the Cincinnati area. It is her debut feature film. I am the assistant director, webmaster, and part-time marketer for this film, and a longtime Columbus native where I live and work.

ENCOUNTER opened in 8 markets last Friday and is expanding to Columbus, Cincinnati, New York, and Charlotte this week. The film will be showing at Regal Cinemas Georgesville Square on Friday, January 29th and through the weekend, and coming to Netflix and other streaming services later this year. Showtimes will be listed later this week.

I know it's not at our home theater but it would be totally awesome if my brothers and sisters of marathoid mania could make it out to support our film. I also welcome any feedback and impressions of the movie if you do get a chance to see it. We are very excited to see our baby make it to the big screen and can't wait to see how audiences respond.

I will see you all at SF 33!

Trailer: https://vimeo.com/100166094

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:26 am 

Wish I could make it... but, I live in Dayton, now, and won't be free this weekend to come to Columbus. :(

I'll definitely check it out when it hits Netflix, though!

Best of luck!