The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 am 

I have no idea. It looks to be hit or miss. I'm expecting at least 100 to 150 cars from what Facebook and people around here are saying. Not at all familiar with the Mansfield crowd but I know they have a drive in crowd that goes to about anything you will show them. A very nostalgic and retro area. I know many people in the area know about it from the Mansfield Journal blurb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:43 am 

How many cars does the drive in fit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 pm 

Their site says screen 2 accomodates 150 cars. Doesn't say for screen 1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:16 pm 

Close to 400.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:32 pm 

Another topic was just emailed in. This will be a CASH ONLY event. There will be no access to Debit/Credit ability. And please $10 bills will be very nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:59 am 

Nice posting on:
www.dvddrive-in.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:19 pm 

This is cool, sitting in a mini van waiting for JAWS to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 am 

it's time for the final movie LASER BLAST!!! Thanks to Vince and the drive-in for a great evening!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:49 am 

we survived LASER BLAST now we need to survive the drive back to columbus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:39 pm 

My thoughts as tweeted throughout the night:

Quote:
Friday the 13th part 7 trailer. I now want to see every F13 at a drive-in.

The beautiful sounds of Jaws coming through my car speakers.
Im not saying anything new here
but Jaws is an all time great. Spielberg was about my age when he directed this, the bastard.
Fantastic lead trio. Shaw is amazing. So is the mayors anchor blazer.

F13 part 2 trailer, so perfect on a drive-in screen.

Tentacles wasnt as bad as I had been told. Not really good, but I enjoyed it. Come on, the opening scene is the octopus snatching a baby,
Bo Hopkins talks to whales, his emotional reaction to his wifes death is similar to my daily melancholy, John Huston has a bitchin night gown.
Tentacles should be more popular.

Demons is popular, for good reasons. Bobby Rhodes, Cokeheads, dirtbike samurai, deus ex chopper, the soundtrack, etc.
Remember, when a demon is ripping out of someones back - run away, dont step toward it.

Burial Ground is simultaneously awful and awesome. The reason to watch: Peter Bark and his mommy issues.
Very inappropriate kid.
And by kid I mean short, strange 30 year old man.

Laser Blast isnt as entertaining without the MST3K guys, but I do love those Dave Allen stopmotion aliens.

Thank you, Vince and the Springmill Drive-In, for a fun and unique marathon.

I really enjoyed my time at the drive-in. I need to go more in the future, make it a regular part of my movie-going life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm 

The first trailer of the night was GREAT WHITE, I wish someone could find a 35mm print of this movie and show it as a drive-in or at a horror marathon.

I am with Cody we need to see some FRIDAY THE 13TH MOVIES at the Drive-In, Vince I hope the event did good enough for you guys to do it again next year and maybe we can see some slasher films under the stars.

The worst movie of the night was Tentacles, my god it was just awful however me and my friend Jeff made it fun with our own MST3K comments which by the way was a great thing about the Drive-in experience, we could talk and nobody cared or complained.

Laserblast was not a great movie but it was fun in it's own way.

Burial Ground has Micheal the 30yr old actor placing a 12 yr old kid who likes to bit off his mommy's nipple, I am sure nobody has forgotten this movie since it played at the horror marathon at the Grandview.

JAWS, what can I say....Best movie ever and seeing it under the stars was a real treat.

THE ONE COMPLAINT - Why would they NOT paint the screen at the Drive-in? The Rusty looking streaks detracted a lot from the visual enjoyment of the event. Seems to me the Drive-in would do tons more business with a clean white screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:04 pm 

Jaws3dfan wrote:
THE ONE COMPLAINT - Why would they NOT paint the screen at the Drive-in? The Rusty looking streaks detracted a lot from the visual enjoyment of the event. Seems to me the Drive-in would do tons more business with a clean white screen.

Yeah, that screen needs some work done on it.

Jaws3dfan wrote:
now we need to survive the drive back to columbus.

I also want to thank Vince and co. for timing everything just right so that I did survive the drive back to my home. I came across the aftermath of a wreck on my way and if the timing of the event had been off a bit and I had left a little earlier, maybe even if there had just been one less trailer during the night, I might have been in the way of a car swerving and flipping across my lane. And actually, during the first block of trailers, the trailer for Aliens was shown twice. That double dip of Aliens might have saved my life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:01 pm 

I was there and thought this was a really cool way to experience these films. Haven't been to a drive in in years. Unfortunately I had to leave halfway through tentacles because my wife got sick. She also fell asleep 30 minutes into jaws. It was 9:00!! Lesson learnt is I will never bring my wife to one of these again and I should have known better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:31 pm 

I was glad to hear this event was successful and profitable, maybe we will see "All Night Shriek O Rama" part 2 at the Springmill Drive In.

A rare Drive-In screening of "FRIDAY THE 13th PART 3" (not in 3-D) would be great, always wanted to see a Drive-in print of this.

Also JAWS 2 and than JAWS 3 (the next year) the fourth year we can skip JAWS the revenge :roll:

So many great Drive-in Movies, so little time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:57 pm 

The event was a success by the owner/manager's standards so they want to 2 next year. One at the Springmill;one at the Oregon,OH drive in,The Sundance.
I was actually going to show some slashers like Final Exam and Graduation day but you can only fit in 4 or 5 films and I actually had a huge list to pick from. The event was originally advertised as a 70s event so the original other films were Deep Red and Incredible Melting Man. Next time it'll be more REAL 70s than this time. I was possibly going to go for Grizzly,Satan's Cheerleaders and Willard before the time problems came down on me for choosing a selection. People had actually asked for Demons and Burial Ground so those were the 2 I went for.
I didn't know what trailers Terry had added on for the trailers so I did have some complaints about too many Jaws trailers,Cobra,6th Sense,etc.
I had more planned for the intermissions but the overdose of trailers pushed me way behind on schedule. I had 3 CDs of radio ad spots and horror tunes ready to go that never got used. Oh well. Maybe for the next show.
Anyway,I'm glad to hear so many good words for the event. I tried but it wasn't the blockbuster I hoped it to be but it did do decent enough for others to come.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next