Post subject: SUSPIRIA at Studio 35
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:11 pm 

SUSPIRIA at Studio 35 - DEC 17 & 18 @ 11:30PM

Will Joe be there?

I will be at TRON LEGACY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:05 pm 

This just in:

TRON: LEGACY will also be playing in theaters on December 19th through the 23rd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

Good to see that Butchie Yost is back in the game.

And Tim, whoo.....that's a tough call. I'm not sure that I trust Studio to show Suspiria on 35mm, and even if they do it'll probably be the battered print that Criterion has been flogging for years. We screened that print at the first Studio Marathon in '99, back when it still held a good amount of its color. When I last saw the print around '06 at the Continent (where I was the only person in the theater...mucho cool) it was showing its age, although still worth seeing.

BUT, last year I saw the quite amazing original British IB Technicolor print that's been flown into the country the last two years, up in Cleveland. And after you've seen it with color that vivid, you can't really go back to a subpar print. We've tried to book a leg of that print's tour during the last two Marathons, but things haven't worked out...yet.

And yeah, I'll be at Tron this Friday. But my real movie of the week, the twisted suspense film that's on this month's Fangoria cover, the one I've been reeeeeally waiting for? Black Swan, baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 pm 

And in other news Suspiria has had it's day...and it was a sad, sad day :(

On the fence about "Black Swan" will probably rent it when it hits netflix, speaking of netflix I rented The remake of THE CRAZIES and it was Very Good. I liked the original however it is dated. This was a much need update with the gore and shock value the original lacks. Some movies are perfect for remakes and this was one of those movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 am 

I was not a fan of The Crazies remake. I thought it was okay and may have liked it more if the original never existed. But it's not really about crazy people, it's a thinly disguised zombie film, with the "crazies" simply running around killing people-no nuance at all.

Joe will love Black Swan, Tim maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 am 

MEATFETISH wrote:
I was not a fan of The Crazies remake. I thought it was okay and may have liked it more if the original never existed. But it's not really about crazy people, it's a thinly disguised zombie film, with the "crazies" simply running around killing people-no nuance at all.

Joe will love Black Swan, Tim maybe not.

When I watched the original I thought the same thing, it was like George Romero wanted to make another zombie movie but didn't want it to be another Night of the Living dead so he came up with a virus the makes people crazy, but he lacked the knowledge of crazy people and how they act so he just said act like a zombie.

If you want to see a great movie with Violent Crazy People watch the 1984 classic "Gymkata"