The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:03 pm 

Post Deleted by Creator

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:58 am 

MEATFETISH wrote:
willcail wrote:
I find it funny that a person who went to public school commenting on my grammar. People who went to public school are the ones that are "average" in their english education. I can supply my high school and college transcripts that I recevied A's in english. Now there are other people post on the message borads for example LA who always complains about the lineup.

Now if you complain about any of the movies that's fine. If anyone else complains that's fine. Over the years that I spend well over thousands at the marathons. I've never brought outside food into the theater. I know that buying consessions help keep the marathons going. Now can you say the same thing? Remember a difference in opinion does not equal trolling. Now do I've go back to your posts and point out every single negitive thing you say?

WOW! You just keep proving the point that you are a troll. Do you even know me? My first name? Anything at all about me other than that I live in Chicago? No. What about Jaw3D? Do you know anything about him? I doubt it. What does public school or your grades have to do with anything? Should we all red-line your horrible grammar for you? Maybe it was a cheap shot to crack on your grammar and spelling, but if you ever added anything positive to these boards I would've refrained. Yes, we all have complained about lineups, dates, schedules, etc... over the years. I really didn't want Sky Captain to play years ago because it was so new and had just come out on DVD. Years before I was part of the dump Contact movement. But after awhile there were too many people complaining and the board became too negative and a lot of regular users stopped posting because of it. So most of us tried to stop all the whining and moaning-myself included. But you obviously never got the message and you continue the juvenile trolling that drove so many people away. It's not a contest to see who loves the marathons more. I've been going whenever I can since 1989. If it wasn't the same year as the Chicago marathon, I'd go to both this year. I'm willing to call a truce on this and you can even have the last word if you want, but just cut out all the constant negativity and name calling, etc.... I mean for 2 years in a row you started a really ugly attack on people who simply wanted to see fliers. If that's not trolling, I don't know what is. Over and out.

+1...I love the "public school education" attack!! That's quality programming right there!! While you're posting your transcripts and report cards, would you mind providing your forty time, bench press, 3 cone shuttle time from the NFL combine as well? You know get a certificate for being an All-American at Notre Dame, right?

I agree with the above poster...why argue? Joe and Bruce ALWAYS come through with a solid line-up and never leave anything off the table. I would be completely ok with Werewolf in London, mainly because my small, public school educated brain can comprehend such a frivilous film!! (had to get one last jab in...it's too fun)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:23 pm 

I'm very jaded when it comes to horror movies. Majority of horror movies remakes are terrible tripe that any fan of horror movies should ignore. The only remakes I want to see are remakes of BAD HORROR movies. Good horror movies should be left alone. Second any movie that feature simulated child abuse, i.e, A Serbian Film should be shunned. As I suggested Sálo 120 Days of Sodom should be screen once just to show how vile horror movies that simulate child abuse should be ignore.

John Landis isn't that great of director. He is on the same level as Micheal Bay and Don Simpson. The majority of Bay's and Simpson's bad movies are that they are money makers. What was Landis last film that gotten a wide release? The last Mike Bay's flick make well over a billion dollars. Did I say his last movie was good? No. Did it generate revenue for Paramount? Yes.

As I look at one of Jaws3D post the time stamp show it was done on a weekday afternoon. Two questions. First are you gainfully employed? If so do you work at some non skilled job that make you work weekends?

Metafish, the Columbus Science Fiction and Horror Marathons are always going to be superior to any lineup that the people who runs the Music Box horror marathon. No trailers and a few good movies. Joe Neff first four picks are movies quite possible never screen at the Columbus Horror marathon. Does Music Box listen to their customers?
I've been a paying customer of the Horror Marathon since the second Studio 35. I've missed one. We all complained about the lineups of the past, present, and future horror marathons. I ALWAYS GO with the exception of work or family. A true troll complains about the lineup, then use the lineup as a excuse not to go. That's being a troll. If you don't go every year the marathons and spend money it might end. Do we really want that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:01 pm 

willcail wrote:
As I look at one of Jaws3D post the time stamp show it was done on a weekday afternoon. Two questions. First are you gainfully employed? If so do you work at some non skilled job that make you work weekends?

Dear board administrators and moderators. I feel this comment is an uncalled for personal attack and has no business being posted in a public forum. I am also personally offended as I myself have a job which requires me to work most weekends. This person just implied that anyone who does such is "non-skilled."

I humbly request that this person be banned from further public discussion or at least put on strict notice.

Thank you for your time. Some people just never learn, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

I'll reiterate to all of you again: we don't tolerate personal attacks on this board. Period. If anyone wants to get into a pissing match about personal matters, opinions, job statuses, etc. do it on your own time or send it to the PMs.

And I'm saying this to anyone who wants to engage in these practices. It's flame wars like these that generally make the site look bad, scare off potentially new participants and make the event appear to be much lesser than it is.

Folks, I HIGHLY encourage vigorous debate on this board. Hell, I'm often borderline antagonistic in some of my posts, but I try to err on the side of busting chops and I try to limit it to people I know (or to use a broad wink for those I don't know.) There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing about the merits of the films playing at any of the Marathons; if there was no debate, the events wouldn't get better.

But that doesn't mean that every debate about a film's merits has to accelerate into a personal war. I'd like to think that we can respectfully disagree with each other here. It's why we're a Marathon discussion site and not a partisan political talk show. So please, tone it down a bit. We're all here to have fun, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:24 am 

I'm hoping John Landis is this year's guest...

1) Don Simpson has been dead for several years now.

2) Landis hasn't directed a feature film in years until the new Burke & Hare. Therefore, he hasn't had a film in wide release because HE HASN'T MADE ANY FEATURE FILMS.

3) what does any of this have to do with the troll discussion?

4) people who REALLY hate remakes don't go to see them, Fright Night included.

5) as I said before in the other thread, no one has any problem with opinions. But MAKE A LOGICAL AND RATIONAL ARGUMENT. That's all we ask. Don't just say random stuff and expect everyone to agree with you.

6) This is not a personal attack, just logical and rational responses to what you have written. If you're going to respond, please do so in kind.

7) What an individual likes and doesn't like is irrelevant to whether or not they are a "troll" or some other mythical creature. It's BEHAVIOR that matters. Opinions are respected when they are intelligent, well-informed and well-argued. This is just how society works. People don't respond well to negativity and personal attacks and random nonsense.

8) I've said all I have to say on this topic. Please read what we all have written and consider it carefully. I think we all would appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:58 am 

Post Deleted by Creator

Last edited by Jaws3dfan on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:05 pm 

I for one don't want to discuss the troll issue via PM so if anyone wants to talk to me about this issue please call 614-360-9876.