The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:06 pm 

Anyone who lives in the Chicago area (or wants to go on a road trip) might want to check this out. The McHenry Outdoor Theater is having a Triple Feature of JAWS, JAWS 2 and JAWS 3* on 08/22/14 and 08/23/14 click on the link below for more info:

http://www.goldenagecinemas.com/McHenry_Outdoor_Theater.html

*Jaws 3 will not be shown in 3-D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:47 pm 

I would rather go to the following weekend when they are showing Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Return of The Living Dead & Creepshow!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:27 pm 

Farva wrote:
I would rather go to the following weekend when they are showing Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Return of The Living Dead & Creepshow!

Both sound like a lot of fun. Wish our local drive-ins would do fun stuff like this. Plus I have a Feeling Texas Chainsaw Massacre (4k restoration) will be showing at the horror marathon this year

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:12 pm 

Ghost wrote:
Farva wrote:

Both sound like a lot of fun. Wish our local drive-ins would do fun stuff like this. Plus I have a Feeling Texas Chainsaw Massacre (4k restoration) will be showing at the horror marathon this year

I have been requesting a horror dusk til dawn for years at our local drive-in (Van-Del drive-in) halfway between Delphos & Van Wert, OH. Finally last year they did have one, but it was just newer releases. They finally did one at the beginning of October with Insidious 2, You're Next & The Conjuring. The place was packed, but I keep asking them about retro or classic horror, but nothing yet.

The Riverside drive in in Vandergrift, PA do a spring & fall classic horror dusk til dawns Fri with 4-5 movies & Sat with 4-5 movies. Vandergrift is about 6-7 hrs east of me. Would love to go, but never have anyone to go with & gas prices alone wouldn't be worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:50 pm 

That sounds like hella fun, though the drive to Chicago would make it a no-go for me.

The South Drive-In in Columbus is basically first-run movies, but still tons of fun. I'm just happy to have a drive-in nearby. But yeah, special events there would be cool, too. They just upgraded their projection a couple years ago, so maybe at some point they will start doing blocks of programming.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:44 am 

kevincarr wrote:
That sounds like hella fun, though the drive to Chicago would make it a no-go for me.

The South Drive-In in Columbus is basically first-run movies, but still tons of fun. I'm just happy to have a drive-in nearby. But yeah, special events there would be cool, too. They just upgraded their projection a couple years ago, so maybe at some point they will start doing blocks of programming.

Kevin, have you ever been to the Skyview Drive-in theater in Lancaster? It's very nice, clean and family friendly Drive-in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

I've been told that on nice Friday and Saturday nights the Skyview sells out, so if you're making that drive, get there early.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:47 pm 

I've not been to the Skyview since the South Drive-In is much closer, and I can leave to get a good parking space during the week after rush hour. But I may have to check it out. What's the Skyview's web site?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 pm 

kevincarr wrote:
I've not been to the Skyview since the South Drive-In is much closer, and I can leave to get a good parking space during the week after rush hour. But I may have to check it out. What's the Skyview's web site?

http://www.skyviewdrivein.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:59 pm 

Might as well plug our local drive-in.

http://van-del.com/ On Old US 30 halfway between Delphos, OH & Van Wert, OH, just outside of Middle Point, OH. All 3 screens are digital projection. It is about 2-2 1/2 hrs from Columbus.

This Fri & Sat they are having twin dusk-til-dawns.

DOG DAYS OF SUMMER DUSK ’TIL DAWN
FRIDAY, AUGUST 1 AND SATURDAY, AUGUST 2
GATES OPEN AT 6:00 P.M. SHOWTIME IS AT DUSK.
VIEW THE EVENT INFO ON FACEBOOK!
SATURDAY ADMISSION:
AGES 0 TO 5: FREE
AGES 6 TO 10: $6
AGES 11 TO 62: $8
AGES 63 & UP: $6

Movie posters for limited early arrivers, FREE cotton candy for the kids, 50/50 drawing, prize giveaways all night including a 32" flat screen TV (on Saturday), bicycles and $100 cash, Subway sub eating contest, face painting, and more!

Films will play in the order listed for each screen. NO GRILLS ARE PERMITTED. No refunds or rain checks.

Parking Policy

No minivans, vans, SUVs, or trucks in the first 3 rows on Screens 2 and 3. You will be moved. Park so the pole is halfway down your vehicle and you are not in either driveway. We can fit two cars between each set of poles, so park close. You will be moved to make this happen.

Pet Policy

Pets are welcome, but they must be on a leash at all times. They are NOT permitted in the concession stand, unless they are a certified assistance animal. Please be courteous and pickup after your pet. If your pet causes a disturbance that disrupts others or the movies, you may be asked to leave with no refund.

SCREEN 1

Planes: Fire & Rescue
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier

SCREEN 2

Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Hercules
Sex Tape

SCREEN 3

The Quiet Ones
Deliver Us From Evil
The Purge: Anarchy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:11 pm 

Farva wrote:

Absolutely!! Especially if they do events like classic Horror movies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 pm 

Ghost wrote:
Farva wrote:

Absolutely!! Especially if they do events like classic Horror movies.

I have been requesting an all night classic horror dusk-til-dawn for a few years with them. They even did a poll on their Facebook page asking their 10,000+ fans what kind of horror movies they want them to play. Over 90% that responded overwhelmingly chose classic horror movies. Some day hopefully.