The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am 

Hello Everyone, been a long time since I posted anything on here so I thought I would take a few minutes to discuss the living hell that has been 2017.

I think I will do this as a timeline.....

-February 2017 My sister in law is Diagnosed with cancer
-March 2017 I find myself unemployed
-April 2017 My sister in law passes away from the cancer
-May 2017 My apartment complex burns to the ground and my 4 year old daughter and I lose everything but the cloths on our backs and our cell phones. Thank God no one was injured and even all the 4 legged pets made it out alive.
-I move in with my brother (who just recently lost his wife)
-My daughter is now moving to her moms house in Wisconsin
-June 2017 - My Cousin committed suicide because he lost his kids in a custody battle.
-Still no signs of employment so I look in to the "affordable" health care system. The cheapest quote was $200.00 a month (which would be outrageous even if I had a job) and a $5,000.00 out of pocket deductible...proving again why it's the biggest failure in American history.

So here I am, no job, no insurance and lucky to be alive!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:57 pm 

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, when it rains it pours. It always breaks my heart to hear stories like that, and our country's terrible health care system making things worse is an all-too common story. I know you're on the complete opposite side of the political spectrum from me, but I agree that the way things are, and recent attempts to fix our system, are unacceptable. It's stories like these that have driven me to start to get involved with advocating for a Medicare-for-all style single payer health care system in this country. It's ridiculous that health care, a basic need, is so expensive and difficult to obtain, and there's no reason that such an "advanced" country can't provide quality health care to all of its citizens as a human right, like so many other civilized countries. I don't know what exactly that will look like, but I hope our "representatives" eventually see the light and actually do something that helps their constituents, rather than just the richest of the rich. I hope things turn around for you and your family, as I sincerely hate to see anyone suffer like this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:27 pm 

Thank you agentstinky