The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Midnight movie trailer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:03 am 

There was a trailer called 'The Room' and another about birds, a spoof on Hitchcock. Does anyone remember the name of this trailer? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:17 am 

BIRDEMIC Which MUST show at the horror this year. Joe, you listening? Because I can demand the movie be shown, thanks to the magic of the Interwebs.

http://www.birdemic.com/demand/demand.php

:lol:

Seriously, I really think it should be shown.

http://www.severin-films.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/BIRDEMIC-gas-station.jpg

Switching to URL of pic since it screws up the formatting of the page.

Last edited by Dennis on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 am 

The film was "Birdemic". Looks awful...awfully GOOD! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:33 pm 

hey_joe1957 wrote:
There was a trailer called 'The Room' and another about birds, a spoof on Hitchcock. Does anyone remember the name of this trailer? Thanks!

The trailer for The Room was never actually shown at the marathon, it was only a verbal promotion by Jeff Frank. I found it amusing that he actually brought it up twice. Apparently he was so worn out by the festivities that he either forgot that he talked about it hours earlier or forgot he was speaking to the same audience.

And Birdemic is not actually intended to be a "spoof." The filmmaker genuinely thinks he made a serious film.

I caught an extended interview with the director James Nguyen on The Adam Carolla Podcast in which he compares the "phenomenon" of his movie to Paranormal Activity, even though audiences are clearly flocking to this movie for far different reasons (yes, pun intended... sadly :) ). It is obvious that the director just doesn't "get it." It makes for an interestingly uncomfortable 46 minutes. Other highlights include him not understanding when Adam asks if his movie has any "fowl" language, and being called out for referring to the scavenger vulture as a "bird of prey."

The always sardonic Adam Carolla was able to make it through the interview without actually outright insulting the man, which I found to be quite an accomplishment. It is worth a listen, as are all of his daily, hour-long podcasts. (shameless plug :) )

Personally, I don't think crap like this would be entertaining in the middle of a marathon. Midnight Cult Movie experiences are event enough in and of themselves, and I think out of place for this event. Nostalgic cheesefests like Robot Monster or Lady Terminator are interesting, but Birdemic is just some nutjob with a video camera.