The Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons

The Official Forum of the Ohio Sci-Fi and Horror Marathons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Films for 2010
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:08 pm 
Site Admin

You may want to, ahem, *coughcheckoutthefilmspagecough*....

http://www.scifimarathon.com/films.html

Just had a number of these confirmed as essentially official today. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:36 pm 

'bout time...

I'm not really shocked about Moon and Ink. They seemed to go over well in Boston. I am pleased that Bruce was able to snag a print of 2010 in it's appropriate year. Then you have your requisite Japanese movie and the welcome debut of the cheesy Galaxina.

I was really hoping for a repeat viewing of Buckaroo Banzai as represented on the new homepage. Maybe they are hopefully still working on that one and just aren't 100 percent confirmed.

I know Star Trek will be hotly debated. Say what you will about the merits of "recent blockbusters" at a marathon, at least we can all (mostly) agree it is a very good movie and not a complete waste of time or space. And, hell, something has to play at 6AM...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Well early indicators suggested Buckaroo would show...it may still. I'm waiting for confirmation one way or the other. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:44 am 
Site Admin

Seven films? Awesome! We'll be outta there in time for SNL! And no strange 3am odors either!

I keed, I keed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 am 

The lineup looks great. Still surprise that Bruce is able to get a print of a Godzilla flick from the second series. Ink looks good. Please try to get Night of the Creeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:15 am 

One more thing, I did notice that the six of the seven films are anamorphic. Is it to make the projector job easier this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:51 am 

So Far the line-up looks good although INK looks depressing..hope I am wrong about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 am 

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! I'll be getting my ticket this weekend. So far, I'm looking forward to Ink the most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:31 am 

Looks great! I was in Columbus on Wednesday for work, so I stopped by the Laughing Ogre and got my ticket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 am 

Looks interesting so far.

Moon= Been curious bout this one for some time now.

Galaxina= I've honestly never seen this.

Ink= Never even heard of it.

Godzilla vs. Mothra= Though I am a hardcore Godzilla fan I can honestly say that I am not a big fan of the Heisei era(90s films).

Star Trek= Solid! Screening at least one recent film doesn't pose a problem for me.

2010= Expected. Been years since I seen this.

Battle In Outer Space= Another Toho film huh? I don't think two Japanese films have ever been shown at a marathon before. One yes, but not two.

Can't wait to see what gets announced next. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:10 am 

Solid lineup so far! I broke down and bought "Moon" on blu ray just last week, and have watched it twice. Still looking forward to seeing it at the marathon, it's that good.

Hoping for some more obscure/non-mainstream films (or films that are unavailable or hard to get on video) to round out the rest of the lineup.

Bought my 2 tix online a few minutes ago! See you soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:08 pm 

Return of Godzilla is hard to get on R1 DVD. Interesting about the Heisei era of Godzilla. This is the only series that have a story arc. The Heisei era films are direct sequels. (Up to a certain point) Yes I do favor Godzilla JR over Minilla.

I did watch the trailer for Battle for Outer Space and remember that I did seen it before.

22 days until Galaxina can't wait to see it. It looks so bad please don't sub it for another film.

Moon a great film.

No movie adaptations of games of any kind. (so far)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 pm 

Wish I could go this year, but work is making it impossible this year. I'll probably even miss Chicago's 14 hour SF marathon the week before that too. :( I'll just have to make up for it by going to 2 marathons this October :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:47 pm 

jenbowie wrote:
Well early indicators suggested Buckaroo would show...it may still. I'm waiting for confirmation one way or the other. :)

If it turns up, it would be a great film to end on. I have been whistling the theme song for a couple weeks now. I can't think of a better way to send us all on our way come Sunday afternoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WzB1Rtr7Q0

2010 would be a great opener, too. (So that way we have Trinity Killer bookends!)

Mecha74 wrote:
Godzilla vs. Mothra= Though I am a hardcore Godzilla fan I can honestly say that I am not a big fan of the Heisei era(90s films).

Battle In Outer Space= Another Toho film huh? I don't think two Japanese films have ever been shown at a marathon before. One yes, but not two.

No, I don't recall two Japanese films in one year, either. But judging only by the trailer, I would put Battle in Outer Space in the "cheesy vintage snarkfest" category and it is merely a coincidence that it is from Japan.
I am not much of a kaiju fan, but an early '90s slugfest is more intriguing to me than the goofy stuff they have been showing the past few years at the marathon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm 

Wow, great looking lineup so far, I'm especially looking forward to Moon and Ink.

Godzilla vs Mothra is one of the better Godzilla films of all time. (I'd say maybe top 5 of all Godzilla films.) I own it on VHS (yes, that still exists!), but I wouldn't mind seeing it on the big screen.

Battle In Outer Space is something I've heard of before but never seen. I recall hearing that it was considered to be pretty darn good for its time. (And while I know it won't be great, it certainly shouldn't be as "bad" as I expect Galaxina to be.)

But as of right now, my two most anticipated films are Moon and Ink.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next