The countdown no doubt has soon begun for our Annual 24 Hour Ohio Science Fiction Marathon! So you might have a few questions...and to those questions, we have a few answers!
- Parking: Theatre parking is available at all-times in the parking lot behind the theatre (access from Drexel Ave.); on the north side of E. Main St., both sides of Drexel Ave., and nearby side
streets. Additional parking is available at the Bexley Municipal Parking Lot (two driveways west of the theatre) after 5 p.m. weekdays and all-day Saturday, Sunday and holidays. Parking is also available
on the south side of E. Main St. between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and after 6:00 p.m. weekdays and all-day Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. As always, be mindful of the signs and you should
be fine! The Drexel Theatre is located at 2254 E. Main St., Columbus, Ohio between Drexel Ave. and College Ave. (in the heart of Bexley directly across from Capital University).
- Outside Food and Beverages: Generally not allowed, so don't bring 'em in. The Drexel concession stand and
Radio Cafe both offer a wide assortment of goodies to keep your tastebuds happy. Plus, once in while there are other options available
that we will make known.
- MST3K-style commentary: Some shoutouts, jokes, and commentary during films is great and all part of the fun, but please,
don't do it every five minutes just to be heard. Some people still go to watch the movies, even if they do only feature a man in a rubber lizard suit.
- Be comfortable: Sometimes at 3 am it can get a little chilly or you need a place to lay your head (preferably not on your neighbor)...Be sure to bring any blankets and pillows you might
need to get comfy, and don't forget to dress in layers so you can add or subtract as needed.
- Have fun: Just do it! Dress up for the costume contest, act silly with your fellow 'thon goers, consume mass quantities of popcorn and bask in the glory of a giant screen filled with sci fi awesome.