Once again, SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK gave you madness, mayhem, and motorcycles. And once again, it's being banished to the other side for another year. But be warned! The raging Marathoid monster will return again to wreak more havoc! Until next year...
The 4th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon!
Noon October 20 - Noon October 21, 2012 at the Grandview Theatre
(1247 Grandview Ave., Columbus, Ohio)
Spend an entire rotation of the planet with longtime Nightmarathon masterminds Bruce Bartoo and Joe Neff, as they ring in Shock-tober with a twisted cavalcade of fright film classics, rediscovered gems, cult obscurities and area premieres from the cutting edge of the genre.
This celebration of cinematic excess will also include:
- John Landis's modern classic of lycanthropic terror, AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
- An ultra-rare 35MM screening of the oft-requested WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS
- Glam rock meets gothic horror in Brian De Palma's cult classic PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE
- Sam Neill and Isabelle Adjani in a BRAND NEW UNCUT 35MM print of Polish madman Andrzej Zulawski's gonzo, bonkers, totally insane, ultimate divorce/horror nightmare POSSESSION
- Atribute to the late Ken Russell with a rare screening of his still controversial, shattering masterpiece THE DEVILS
- James Woods and Debbie Harry in David Cronenberg’s sexually transgressive, gory and disturbing fever dream VIDEODROME
- A tribute to the late Ray Bradbury with the haunting film adaptation of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES
- Vincent Price’s quest for Biblical revenge in the Art Deco-drenched cult classic THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES (also in tribute to the late Robert Fuest)
- Ben Wheatley’s nerve-shredding, senses-destroying 2011 hit man horror shocker KILL LIST
- A 20th anniversary screening of the undisputed king of all gore and splatter films, Peter Jackson’s DEAD ALIVE
- A celebration of Bela Lugosi’s 130th birthday (October 20th) with an ultra-rare 35mm screening of WHITE ZOMBIE
We’re also pursuing one or two other premieres or classics to add or substitute into the lineup. READ MORE...
As announced at the Sci Fi Marathon, the first four films for the 2012 Horror Marathon have been confirmed! This October, your nightmares will come true, as you witness:
More information coming soon! Keep watching this site and on the forum for all the latest news. And stay scared!
Back from the dead and ready to claim new victims, it's SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK: The 4th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon! Join us for all of the grisly fun from Noon Saturday October 20th until Noon Sunday October 21st at the Grandview Theatre (1247 Grandview Avenue.) Information on films and other attractions will be forthcoming, some in the next few weeks. And remember, when there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Grandview Theatre.
Once again, SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK ran rampant through our collective cinematic consciousness. And once again, it's being banished back to the grave for another year. But be warned! The raging Marathoid monster will return again to wreak more havoc! Until next year...
|INFAMOUS FOREIGN SHOCKER A SERBIAN FILM & INDIE CHILLER MIDNIGHT SON TO PREMIERE AT 3RD ANNUAL OHIO 24-HOUR HORROR MARATHON!
SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, the 3rd Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon (October 15-16 at the Grandview Theatre) is proud to announce the addition of two area premieres to its already stacked lineup of terror classics and rediscoveries!
First up is the OHIO THEATRICAL PREMIERE of Srdan Spasojevic's internationally infamous shocker A SERBIAN FILM, the most controversial, gut-churning, uncompromising, no holds barred film of the decade! And we're proud to present it UNCUT and UNRATED! This gross out epic is the tender story of a former adult film star who is lured back into the game for one last shoot (SPOILER: things don't go well.) Grab your barf bags and gird your loins,'cause this one is a rough ride indeed, a taboo shattering nightmare that also serves as a pointed political commentary on the war torn soul of Serbia.
Also screening will be the MIDWEST PREMIERE of acclaimed indie chiller MIDNIGHT SON, which has been making its way through the festival circuit throughout this year. The story of a young man cursed by disease to avoid the sunlight and drink human blood, MIDNIGHT SON has been compared to George Romero's Martin and was acclaimed by Bloody Disgusting's Brad Miska as "an impeccable, daring and undoubtedly remarkable debut." Check out the trailer and more at www.midnightsonmovie.com.
The 3rd Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon!
|Join longtime Nightmarathon masterminds Bruce Bartoo and Joe Neff for a round the clock plunge into
cinematic madness from Noon October 15 - Noon October 16 at the Grandview Theatre
(1247 Grandview Ave., Columbus, Ohio), an entire day's worth of fright film classics, rediscovered gems, cult obscurities and area premieres from the cutting edge of the genre.
A major highlight of this year's festival will be a rare, archival 35mm screening of Robert Wiene's silent masterpiece of German Expressionist horror, THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI. We're proud to welcome Sue Harshe (of Columbus rock stalwarts Scrawl) back to the Nightmarathon stage for a LIVE MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT to the film. SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK veterans will remember Sue from her stunning short film performance at the 2009 edition of the event, so the chance to see her stretch out her talents to feature length should be a treat.
- A celebration of Vincent Price's 100th Birthday, featuring a 50th Anniversary screening of the classic 1961 Roger Corman version of THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM!
- Boris Karloff meets his mate in the Universal classic THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN!
- A super-rare screening of quite possibly the only 35mm English language print of the bizarro Japanese cult curio GOKE: BODYSNATCHER FROM HELL!
- Udo Kier's tour de force performance as the not-so-good doctor in Paul Morrissey's gory and transgressively erotic FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN (a.k.a. ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN)!
- Lucio Fulci's surreal "hey, who left the gates of Hell open?" masterpiece THE BEYOND!
- A ridiculously rare 35mm screening of Rutger Hauer and C. Thomas Howell in THE HITCHER, Eric Red's 1986 cult classic road thriller!
- S+M Cenobites in Clive Barker's directorial debut, HELLRAISER!
- Ti West's modern classic of terror THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL, featuring cult icons Mary Woronov and Tom Noonan!
- Nathan Fillion, Michael Rooker and Elizabeth Banks in the oft-requested, oft-promised, splatterifically sickosluggerificsiliness that is SLITHER!
As announced at the Sci Fi Marathon, the first four films for the 2011 Horror Marathon have been confirmed!
Yes Marathoids, we're proud to announce the following upcoming films:
- A restored, archival 35MM print of The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari with LIVE MUSIC
- An ultra-rare 35MM print of the bizarre 1968 Japanese cult classic Goke: Bodysnatcher From Hell
- Udo Kier as the good doctor in Paul Morrissey's gory and erotic Flesh for Frankenstein (a.k.a. Andy Warhol's Frankenstein)...potentially in 3-D
- Ti West's modern terror classic The House of the Devil!
Cast your spells, sharpen your wooden stakes and pray for dawn, for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, the 3rd Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon is set to rise from the grave and torment your nightmares! Emanating once again from the Grandview Theatre, the Marathon will begin its long death march at Noon Saturday October 15th, ending the whole bloody affair around Noon Sunday October 16th.
More information on fearsome features, ghoulish guests and other unholy delights is forthcoming. Keep your eyes peeled on this site and on the forum for all the latest news. And stay scared!