The cinelycanthropic monster that is SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK was beaten to death by Claude Rains's silver handled wolf beating stick. Or maybe it just finally fell asleep for a long deserved nap. Either way, it now lays dormant for another year. But be warned: the Wolfsbane will bloom again, and the full moon will return!
The 5th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon
AT THE DREXEL THEATER (2254 E. MAIN ST., COLUMBUS, OHIO)
NOON, OCTOBER 26 - NOON OCTOBER 27
Once again, the annual terror tradition, the place where your nightmares come true, the celebration of cinematic excess is back for another fright-filled rotation of the planet. And for the first time since 1994, the 24-Hour Horror and Science Fiction Marathons are back under the same roof! There's no more room in Hell, so the dead will walk the Drexel!
As part of this year’s fearful festivities, we’re thrilled to announce the resurrection of the Drexel's 35mm projector, as we expand our viewing palate to include the phantasmagoric delights of both film and digital offerings!
And what a splatterific slate of offerings we have! This year’s film lineup features:
- Lon Chaney, Bela Lugosi and Claude Rains in a 2K DCP screening of the 1941 Universal Studios classic THE WOLF MAN!
- A rare 35mm screening of Dario Argento’s shattering masterpiece of atmospheric horror SUSPIRIA!
- Max von Sydow, Ellen Burstyn, Jason Miller and (of course) Linda Blair in a 40th Anniversary 2K DCP screening of William Friedkin’s boundary smashing modern classic THE EXORCIST!
- The haunting, dreamlike cult classic PHANTASM (in 35mm)!
- The ultimate Aztec lizard monster attacks New York experience with a 35mm screening of Larry Cohen’s Q: THE WINGED SERPENT!
- The bizarre feline frenzy of NIGHT OF A 1000 CATS (in 35mm)!
- Tony Todd as the titular man of your nightmares in a 35mm screening of Clive Barker’s CANDYMAN!
- Roddy McDowell and William Ragsdale hunting suave bloodsucker Chris Sarandon in a 2K DCP screening of the modern vampire classic FRIGHT NIGHT!
- Heavy metal and Satanism run amok in the 1986 campfest TRICK OR TREAT (in 35mm)!
- Rob Zombie’s stunning, psychedelic horror freakout THE LORDS OF SALEM (in 2K DCP)!
- The Joss Whedon-penned, ultimate spam in a cabin horror/satire THE CABIN IN THE WOODS (in 2K DCP)!
In addition to this splatterific slate of films, one or two premieres may be added or substituted into the lineup. READ MORE...
SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK RETURNS OCT 26-27!
the 5th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon, rises from the dead once again to haunt your nightmares!
This year's round the clock plunge into terror will emanate from the Drexel Theatre (2254 E. Main St., Columbus, Ohio) from Noon Saturday October 26th until Noon Sunday October 27th.
Tickets are now on sale (click the tickets link on the left for more info) and the film lineup will be announced in the coming days.
Once again, SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK gave you madness, mayhem, and motorcycles. And once again, it's being banished to the other side for another year. But be warned! The raging Marathoid monster will return again to wreak more havoc! Until next year...
The 4th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon!
Noon October 20 - Noon October 21, 2012 at the Grandview Theatre
(1247 Grandview Ave., Columbus, Ohio)
Spend an entire rotation of the planet with longtime Nightmarathon masterminds Bruce Bartoo and Joe Neff, as they ring in Shock-tober with a twisted cavalcade of fright film classics, rediscovered gems, cult obscurities and area premieres from the cutting edge of the genre.
This celebration of cinematic excess will also include:
- John Landis's modern classic of lycanthropic terror, AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON
- An ultra-rare 35MM screening of the oft-requested WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS
- Glam rock meets gothic horror in Brian De Palma's cult classic PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE
- Sam Neill and Isabelle Adjani in a BRAND NEW UNCUT 35MM print of Polish madman Andrzej Zulawski's gonzo, bonkers, totally insane, ultimate divorce/horror nightmare POSSESSION
- Atribute to the late Ken Russell with a rare screening of his still controversial, shattering masterpiece THE DEVILS
- James Woods and Debbie Harry in David Cronenberg’s sexually transgressive, gory and disturbing fever dream VIDEODROME
- A tribute to the late Ray Bradbury with the haunting film adaptation of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES
- Vincent Price’s quest for Biblical revenge in the Art Deco-drenched cult classic THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES (also in tribute to the late Robert Fuest)
- Ben Wheatley’s nerve-shredding, senses-destroying 2011 hit man horror shocker KILL LIST
- A 20th anniversary screening of the undisputed king of all gore and splatter films, Peter Jackson’s DEAD ALIVE
- A celebration of Bela Lugosi’s 130th birthday (October 20th) with an ultra-rare 35mm screening of WHITE ZOMBIE
We’re also pursuing one or two other premieres or classics to add or substitute into the lineup. READ MORE...
As announced at the Sci Fi Marathon, the first four films for the 2012 Horror Marathon have been confirmed! This October, your nightmares will come true, as you witness:
More information coming soon! Keep watching this site and on the forum for all the latest news. And stay scared!
Back from the dead and ready to claim new victims, it's SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK: The 4th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon! Join us for all of the grisly fun from Noon Saturday October 20th until Noon Sunday October 21st at the Grandview Theatre (1247 Grandview Avenue.) Information on films and other attractions will be forthcoming, some in the next few weeks. And remember, when there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Grandview Theatre.